Customer home improvements

Boston Mayflower wants you to make your home yours and is happy for you to carry out home improvements and alterations to achieve that, at your own expense, providing you get written permission before you start. We will also expect you to have a clear rent account before you spend money on home improvements.


A registered Part P person or firm must carry out electrical work. Please do not attempt electrical work on your own. If you are uncertain about any electrical work that you would like done or simply require more information about, please contact us and we will be happy to help. You can also refer to the following informative websites: and Any electrical installation or repair work that Boston Mayflower organises through their contractors will always be completed in accordance with the proper legislation.


We have included a list of the most common items for which you would need to have permission. Although the list is by no means exhaustive, it should cover most improvements that you are likely to want to carry out.

Tenant Alterations List

Should you to request alterations please use the below form

Tenant Alterations Request Form