Fire Safety within flats
In response to customers enquiries in relation to fire safety within Boston Mayflower flats.
In light of the Grenfell fire we have reviewed the building materials used in the construction of our flats and we have confirmed with central government that we do not have any flats with type of external aluminum cladding panels that are currently being deemed to be unsuitable.
In addition to reassure customers we take the health and safety of our customers very seriously and give ...it the highest level of importance. We undertake a wide range of testing and checking within our flats on a regular basis to ensure that our customers and leaseholders health is protected. The activity that we undertake is reported to our board at regular intervals and includes:
• An Annual Fire Risk Assessment of the building
• A weekly check of the escape routes, fire doors and fire alarm operation in our sheltered schemes
• A quarterly inspection of escape routes and communal fire doors in our general needs blocks of flats
• 6 monthly servicing of fire alarms and emergency lighting.
• 6 monthly servicing of dry risers
• Annual servicing of fire fighting equipment and evacuation chairs
• Annual inspection of individual property smoke detectors and main entrance fire doors to flats.
Any repair actions identified are logged immediately on our risk register and given a target completion date. All live risk actions are reported to our board.
All checks are recorded and evidenced